Monday, December 6, 2010

36 Weeks!

I can't believe I will be full term in one week! We went in for a checkup this morning (we are now on a weekly schedule) and everything looks good. Charlotte's heartbeat is nice and strong and the doctor seemed pleased with how things were going. The doctor gave me a routine strep b test and checked to see if I had dilated at all. She said not only has the baby not "dropped" yet, but I'm not dilated at all.

While I'm anxious to get this show on the road, it is comforting to know that she won't be here this week! There are still some things we need to get done around the house. Mostly, we need until the end of the week for the contractors to finish up work in the kitchen and bathroom. We also need to purchase some sort of co-sleeper or bassinet so Charlotte can be in the bedroom with us when she is really little. The co-sleeper design allows for Charlotte to have her own space but she will also be very easy for me to get to while in a sleepy, new mom stupor.


I have seen ones that fold up easily for travel which would come in handy as we're planning a trip to the west coast pretty early on. A bassinet might be a good idea because I could move it around the house with me if I needed. I also have a friend who is looking to get rid of his old one so that might be a good, cheap option. I should probably figure this out sooner than later!

The last major thing we need to do is register at the hospital. We have a tour planned for next week and apparently I can register then. We can also register online so I should probably just get that done. This morning, the doctor seemed quite surprised that we hadn't registered yet and said, "you guys must be pretty laid back" which of course stressed us out. We didn't mean to be laid back about it! We just didn't realize it was so important to get done early! Oops. Maybe I should go do that now . . .

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even know where the actual hospital was until 3 days before I had Leila! I only found out then because they sent me in for a stress test! I also hadn't found a pediatrician etc. Wait until the second baby (wink wink :) then you won't care!

    ReplyDelete